Tuesday, January 7, 2014

L'Oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks - Molto Mauve, Caramel Solo, Scarlet Concerto, & Plum Adagio



L to R: Caramel Solo, Molto Mauve, Scarlet Concerto, & Plum Adagio
 
Hello people of the Internet! If you may or may not know, there is a new lip product from L'Oreal called (deep breath) the Color Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks. I may be the only one, but I hate when L'Oreal gives their products these LONG names that people are NOT going to remember! Oh well, it's their product, and I have 4 shades I have swatched and want to talk to you all about, Molto Mauve 500, Caramel Solo 703, Scarlet Concerto 306, and Plum Adagio 502.
 
 
The L'Oreal Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks (~$9.99) is a product that L'Oreal claims has "rich color", "shines", and "smoothes" and I am here to give my two scents about what I have experienced with this product. Here are some other claims from the L'Oreal website.
 
'Transform lips from ordinary to extraordinary. Color is richer, lip surface is smoother and shine is magnified. Formulated with precious micro-oils and rich color pigments, Extraordinaire provides the ideal balance of color and care for perfect lips. The unique soft-touch applicator allows for a silky-smooth, gliding application'
 
So from all of this, I understand that this should be like a nutrient rich glossy lipstick, but from what I experienced with these shades is that this product is A LOT like the L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stains. They look the same on my lips, act the same, even SMELL the same, but for me, the Liquid Lipsticks were WAY better!
 
The Liquid Lipsticks WERE very hydrating and nourishing on my lips. I did not have to apply a lipbalm before application like with the Shine Stains. I got more uniform color payoff between the shades I chose and they are buildable. I just found that the Liquid Lipsticks took LONGER to set in between layers when building up the color.
 
Three of the four colors were VERY intense and gave good color opacity in one to two go around. Scarlet Concerto, the red, took about 3-4 layers for me to get the color that I was looking for. All the colors have tiny glitter particles in them. But I didn't notice them until I looked for me because after a few days of wearing these, my lips got a little sensitive. My lips ALWAYS seem to know when there is glitter of SOME kind because they will get IRRITATED =[
 
As far as durability on the lips, Caramel Solo did the best through a regular day of eating and drinking. I could still see the other 3 colors, but they faded quite a bit and mostly there was shimmer left. I also felt that these products get STICKY as the day goes on and they dry down a bit even though they were not DRYING on the lips.

Caramel Solo

Molto Mauve

Scarlet Concerto

Plum Adagio


Molto Mauve

Caramel Solo

Scarlet Concerto


Plum Adagio



 
Overall, I really like these! Good color selection and good color payoff. Have you seen these lip products in stores yet? Tried them? What are your thoughts? Let me know!

Thanks always for reading!

Drink up, Beauties!