Friday, December 13, 2013

L'Oreal Infallible 24Hour Eyeshadows in Purple Priority & Gilded Envy: Review + Swatches





So if you may or may not know, L'Oreal has launched from NEW shades to their 24Hr Infallible Eyeshadow line. There are six new shades and I have two colors I wanted to share with you.

The two colors I purchased are Purple Priority and Gilded Envy. Purple Priority is a metallic blue-purple. It looks almost indigo on my skintone and with certain makeup looks. I only have one other purple shade from L'Oreal and it is Smoldering Plum. Compared to Purple Priority, Smoldering is WAY darker and hardly any shimmer or glitter in it.
Gilded Envy is a VERY glittery light olive green. I guess since Priority hardly had any glitter, Gilded makes up for it TEN FOLD! I do not have Golden Sage which I thought would be a good comparison, but looking at the two shades in store, Golden Sage was a lot more muted and not as green as Gilded Envy.

In comparison to the other three Infallibles that I have, I found that the formulas of these two were WAY creamier. Purple Priority gave me more opaque color with fewer swipes compared to Gilded Envy which takes some time to build up. The lasting ability with a primer was comparable to the Infallibles in my collection already, BUT Gilded Envy seemed to struggle. Even with a primer, I found this shade STILL fading away after about 5-6 hours and leaving me with nothing but glitter to show that something was there.
 

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Purple Priority

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Gilded Envy

Gilded Envy & Purple Priority - taken with flash
 
Gilded Envy & Purple Priority taken in natural light
 
 So has anyone tried these yet? Did you find this post helpful? Please let me know and thanks for reading!


Drink Up, Beauties!