Thursday, December 19, 2013

Salma Hayek Nuance Flawless Finish Liquid Foundation - Deep Wam

 

Hello to all it may concern! If you may or may not know, Salma Hayek has a makeup line. Yeah, it's available EXCLUSIVELY to CVS and cvs.com. Not only does she have makeup, but skincare and haircare as well. Everything you could possible want or need to stay FABULOUS!

BRAND STORY (from CVS website)
A unique collection that combines exotic ingredients and ancient beauty secrets passed down through generations. The proprietary formulas are created using modern science to provide the most effective results. These products are designed to help every woman enhance the nuances that define her individual beauty.
The Nuance Salma Hayek collection embodies Salma's family heritage. The products represent the fusion of her grandmother's cosmetology training with her own vision of beauty, shaped by years of travel around the world. Nuance Salma Hayek was conceived for women who seek high-quality, efficacious beauty products customized to address their personal skincare, body care, haircare and cosmetic needs.

It's been out for a few years now and they have slowly buy surely added some new products to their line. One I will show you all is a fairly new addition, the Flawless Finish Liquid Foundation! I have the shade Deep Warm - 290. Let's take a look!




The Flawless Finish Foundation is available in 8 shades and I purchased the deepest color. I wasn't really a fan of the glass packaging. Actually, the first one I picked up, I dropped it and cracked it..BADLY...WHILE STILL IN THE STORE! I did, however, really loved that it had a pump, but I did not find it easy to really control the amount of product that came out of it. One pump always felt like it was WAY too much for me.





It has a slight scent, I couldn't describe it to you to save my life! This product IS very buildable to full coverage. Depending on how much you have to cover up, if you work in small layers, you can get to full coverage from one to one and a half pumps of this product.

I like to use a brush to blend this foundation out because it's on the thicker side. It's thicker than my Covergirl 3-in-1 Foundation, so using my fingers doesn't really blend out the foundation how I like. This foundation though takes a LONG time to set! It takes at least 5-7 minutes to get from a shiny look to a semi-matte look on the face.

If you have oily skin, you MUST set this foundation! It does NOTHING for oil control throughout the day. I start to see the oil coming through after about 4-5 hours and it is all DOWNHILL from there! This is definitely a foundation that needs touching up throughout the day, if you can get it to last that long.


No Makeup


Nuance Flawless Finish Applied in Deep Warm


Foundation after 5 hours (notice the SHINE)


Overall, I REALLY wanted to LOVE this foundation, but I found it to be too much maintenance for my oily skin.

I think if you have dry skin, can find your shade in the limited options, this might be a nice fit for you. I can barely get away with wearing this foundation in the winter because it's cold, because it would NEVER last in this Georgia heat during the summer.



So I hope you found this review helpful! Heard of Salma Hayek's line Nuance? Tried any makeup, skincare, or haircare from her? Let me know!

Thanks for reading!
 
 
Drink Up Beauties!