Sunday, November 3, 2013

Wet N Wild Fergie 8-in-1 BB Cream in Deep

 

 
 So there's a new BB cream on the drugstore block! It's the Wet n Wild Fergie Boom Boom Pow BB Cream ($5.62 at Walmart). That name, first of all, is what REALLY got me. 'Boom Boom Pow' in your face advertising, made me giggle something fierce. Nonetheless, it is claimed to be an 8-in-1 benefits BB cream that will hydrate, brighten, prime, conceal, give SPF15, smooth, oil control, and even skintone.
 
I have tried 3 BB creams from the drugstore before this one. I tried the Maybelline Fresh BB which made me a greaseball, L'Oreal's Magic Skin Beautifier BB which faded rather quickly, and the Flower BB cream which is now one of my holy grail foundations, yes foundations! It gives full coverage and doesn't make me a GREASEBALL!
 
But as a product junkie, I saw this and HAD to at least try it! If nothing else, I could return it to Walmart if I didn't like it. Let's take a look at is shall we?
 

 



 
Fergie BB Cream in Deep Swatch

The Fergie BB Cream comes in 5 shades and I got the darkest one in DEEP. First of all, there is NOTHING deep about this color! I would feel better if they called it a medium/deep, more medium than deep. In the pictures below you can definitely see how painful PALE it looks on me.
 
It's not the THICKEST formula I have used. It's definitely thicker than the L'Oreal and Maybelline version, but more watery than the Flower BB. It's not going to immediately SLIDE down your face/hand after being put there, but if you tilt the area where you put, it will slowly let gravity lead it to places you may NOT want it to go. I LOVE that is has a nozzle that really helps control the amount of product that comes out the tube.
 
It does have a scent. It's like a strange chemical smell (think Revlon Colorstay) but there is some floral bits in there. Almost like they were trying to cover the chemical smell with flowers and it mutated into something in the middle. The smell, whatever you want to call it, is not very strong and it is not one that I felt lingered on me after application.
 
Ok, now on with the claims!
 
  • Hydrate: I have oily skin, and while I felt as though my skin was moisturized with this product, it wasn't an EXTREME hydration that felt me feeling/looking extra greasy. If you have dry skin, I do not know if the hydration will be enough especially now that the weather is changing.

  • Brighten: Yes it does this, but I mainly, for me, think it's because the shade was WAY too light and when you put a lighter shade on your face, then yes, it does APPEAR to be brighter! 

  • Prime: You know what? This BB does a really good job as a primer! I really feel like if NOTHING else, you can try this product out as a cheap primer for your regular makeup. Only, ONE thing I noticed about it. The THICKER the foundation you put on top of this BB, the harder it is to blend it in. I found similar consistencies worked best on top.

  • Conceal: *laughs hysterically* Yeah, do NOT expect this to conceal much if ANYTHING!

  • SPF15: Even though it has the sunscreen protection, I really recommend having an extra one. Especially a sunscreen with a HIGHER SPF number. I'm just glad the sunscreen ingredients did not make my face oily.

  • Smooth: I really do not know what to say about this claim. Did my face feel smoother after applying this product, YES. Did it look smoother? Sure, if I just IGNORED the acne bumps!

  • Oil control: Again, I was SO pleasantly surprise that this claim following through in my experience. Even though it was a drugstore BB, and even with the sunscreen aspect, my face was NOT oily with this product. At the end of the day, I really felt as though my face had a nice GLOW about it, but it is no where NEAR what I would call oily, greasy, or shiny!

  • Even skin tone: If I ignore ALL the little acne scars that still peeked through, then sure, it evened my skin tone to one color....that was UBER light! I believe it does a good job at getting things uniform in color.
 


Bare Faced

With Fergie BB Cream Applied

 
 

Overall, I really enjoyed using this product as a primer to help control my oils throughout the day. I feel in nothing else, give this a try using it in that fashion.
All the other aspects about it, and whether it is good in them or not, will depend on the individual and what do THEY want out of it. But there is my review and my recommendation!

Thanks for reading and I hope it helped you!


Internet world! Tried this product? Love it, hate it, or on the fence! Let me know down below!

 
Drink up, beauties!
abluenigerian <3